Doryoku
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning Karate

Go down

Learning Karate Empty Learning Karate

Post  jou Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Osu good people of Doryoku,

Hope you guys enjoy the June break! Soon our karate classes will resume, and I want to take this opportunity to welcome you guys back, for those who are new, welcome to join the Doryoku family! Smile

If you guys haven't heard, I just want to inform you that our sensei have started a cafeteria at Braddell View Condo, and you know what?!! Soon, Doryoku might be bringing the art of karate to the residents of BVC too!! At the meantime, do go down to support our sensei's cafeteria ok!!! I heard the legendary bak ku tey is darn awesome and only serve on the auspicious day of the week, and that is sunday!!!! Very Happy 

On another note, I just want to share something with you guys, for the old and potential new members. Do you guys know that we have two awesome sensei in both sensei Leslie and Catherine? And do you know why? Because every time they conduct classes, they put their hearts into conducting it, karate is their passion and honor. You don't see it do you? Smile

Well, let me expound on that for you. If you want to learn karate, almost everywhere you go you need to pay to learn it. But what's important is that you learn something from it. The sensei teaches, you learn! And if you put your heart into learning, then you will get the full potential out of it. Here at Doryoku, you might be paying for your lesson, but our sensei put their hearts into teaching you everything about the art, every time they put on their gi, no matter how tired they are from their day work, they still put on their best effort.

Best of it all, if you have the heart to learn, no matter whether you are paying or not, they will still teach you equally! How do I know that? Smile Because I'm a freeloader since my first belt, and if you're wondering how long is that, well, I got my 9th Kyu on 7th Oct 04, and before I got that I needed to learn the basic and kata for it, and that would be another few months before 9th Kyu, so I can confidently say that it comes close to ten(10) years! Don't believe me? Ask to take a look at my membership card the next time you bump into me. And if you're still wondering, no, I'm not their relative or anything, I'm just an outsider like you guys but sensei never treated me differently. And if you're still not convinced, well, sensei Leslie had entrusted me with a precious gift, 'My Journey in Karate - The Sabaki Way' by Kancho Joko Ninomiya, a lot of people had tried to buy this book from him but he gave it to me, so I can safely say I'm one of his favorite students xD

Being in Doryoku had been some of the finest moments in my life, I learnt and had a lot of fun and good memories. But in life, nothing last forever, change is inevitable, don't you agree? Smile As much as I wish it can last a little bit longer, I have to say that I have a different calling from karate now. One of the hardest thing to do is letting go...not because you wanted to, but because you have to. So in my place, I hope someone can take on the challenge of being sensei's favorite, but please, don't go and ask sensei whether you can be a freeloader ok! Very Happy

If you ask me, I don't care if someone comes over and say to me 'My sensei is a karate world champion' or what's not, because I know my sensei are the champions of the heart.

With that, I would like to leave you with the phrase below, remember 'Money can buy you lessons, but heart will earn you skills'. Ponder upon it as you start the new term k!

Learning Karate Doryok13

Osu!

Senpai Nov Ty
(affectionately known as Timmy. But no past tense please, or you will find yourself with a roundhouse kick to the face without knowing what hits you!)
jou
jou
Admin

Back to top Go down